CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Monday, March 23, 2009

We do, we don't, we do, we don't, WE DO!

That sums up our experience with DOJ approval since last September. But I'm here to report that as of March 19, 2009 - WE HAVE DOJ APPROVAL (actually it may have been March 18 as the embassy says one thing and the agency another). Our file is now at the DIA where it should receive MOJ approval in the next few days. I'll bet none of you remember the post in October of 2007 where I talked about the remaining steps of DOJ, MOJ and then the sweetest, best acronym - TA (travel approval). No, 2007 is not a typo. Today would have marked 17 months waiting for this approval - and, understandably, we are thrilled to be past this step! We expect to receive travel approval in 7-12 weeks. We are so ready to meet our girl!
Wendi

9 comments:

Stevens Family said...

At last!!! Whew! So excited for you guys. So long overdue. Can't wait to finally hear of TA for you. Yay, summer in Vietnam. Hold on An, Mom & Dad are coming!! :)

Cheryl F. said...

That is wonderful. I am so excited for you. This has been a long road, of emotions and I am so glad things are finally moving along. Can't wait for you to have a travel date....Wow I have been looking for this post.

Congratulations
Cheryl F

Our Family said...

Come on TA!!!! It is your time!! Love, Mary Li and Jim

Annette said...

Congratulations!!!! I have been waiting to see this post! Yeah!!!! I am so excited that you finally received DOJ approval. TA will be here before you know it, and your sweet An will be with you and Brian FOREVER!

Love,
Annette

Carol said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you. You're so right the sweetest approval is TA! And you will recieve it soon! I can't wait to follow along on your journey in Vietnam. It will be so wonderful to see An finally in her Mom and Dad's arms!

Love,
Carol

Jessica Alvarez said...

YAY!!! Finally! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Wendy,
I am so ready for you to pick up your little girl, either. I can't wait to see you all together.
Irene

robandchristel said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good to hear this!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely incredible news Wendi and Brian!!!!!

J and J said...

Such wonderful news!Congrats!