CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Good Day

We took it easy today...ate breakfast, played in the room and then went swimming after lunch. No fear whatsoever in the pool. Put her face in the water after the first few minutes and just laughed.

This evening we walked to a brewpub for a beer and dinner. Yes, they have a few breweries in Vietnam and we aim to try them out! After a nice walk back to the hotel we are all ready to pass out which means no pictures tonight. Sorry!

An and I did have a few small breakthroughs today. When we returned to the hotel we were all in the lobby. Brian went off to do one thing and I started walking towards the mini-mart as she was having fun with Grandpa. She jumped off his lap and started running down the hall towards me. When she caught up she wouldn't let me pick her up or hold her hand, but this is the first time she's paid any attention as to whether I was near or far. It's a good sign...

Can't remember if I posted this, but even though we'll have her passport and Visa next week, we aren't able to get an earlier flight at this point. We'll keep checking, but are just as happy to stay here.

Wendi

3 comments:

Jackie, Rich, and Mya Grace said...

Hey I wanna see photos!!! :-) So glad everything is going well...wish we were able to go swimming...it was too cold! We could have left a few days early but are SO glad we stayed and enjoyed our extra time in Vietnam! Stop by the Vine for a beer :-) YAY!

robandchristel said...

So glad that An is doing so well! MORE PICTURES PLEASE. PLEASE???

StanHeather said...

I am so glad she is responding to you... I am sure in time, she will be hanging onto you too...